Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Yummy Apple Dip


 Happy Hump Day!! Let's start with a dip I was inspired by Skinny Ms. to make. I used.....
  • 16 oz Greek Yogurt (not shown, silly me)
  • 1 scoop Chocolate Protein (provides energy for active lifestyles, yes kids too)
  • 1/2 cup Peanut Butter (Packed with nutrition and just yummy)
  • 2 squeezes of the bottle of Honey (Natural sweetener)
I mixed all the ingredients at once with a hand mixer. My 18 year old son Dustin was my taste tester. It took a few attempts to get the final product. Once complete it complimented the apple slices quite well. I had never seen my 3 year old daughter eat so many apples in one sitting. Ok, so she really only had one and a half apples. Any way they loved it. Now, based on personal preference you may like the dip less or more sweet. If less, omit the honey. If more, add a couple packets of Stevia. And TADA!

 
Today was day 4 of the "Eat Your Heart Out" experiment. I weighed in this morning at 145, that's 6 lbs! The menu for today consisted of 8 bananas and 8 glasses of skim milk or weight watcher yogurt if you don't care for milk. Thank goodness, I despise milk unless it's with cereal or cookies. I went to 3 different stores and could not find the weight watchers yogurt. So, I just substituted with Light and Fit. Not only was it tasty but
the nutrition facts are actually better than weight watchers. Tomorrow I hope the scale continues to plunge downward. I will get to eat chicken, turkey and tomatoes. 6 tomatoes to be exact. Also lots and lots of water.

I know I should do a formal disclaimer for my blog but I need to get the kids in bed. Just know that all the products I use for my recipes are not preferential over another and I'm not getting paid to use them. Bottom line, if I have a coupon it gets bought!

Night All XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment