Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tasty Tuesday!

For the most part we try to eat well and have healthy treats laying around the house. But every once in awhile you need something sinful. I make what I've been told "world famous" rice crispy treats. The only thing that makes mine different is the use of the marshmallows. Well aren't they a;; made with marshmallows? Of coarse, but I have my own twist. By the way mallows are considered clean and kosher. I make my treats with the same traditional recipe. 3 Tbl butter, 1 package marshmallows, and 6 cups of Rice Crispies (I use the generic brand, less expensive with the same taste.


I like to use seasonal marshmallows. This time the victim was the Easter themed mallows. Ok, now on to my trick which I originally saw at Starbuck's. What I do is once I have the treats mixed up I then pour in more mini mallows and stir them into the treats . This way you are getting whole mallows in every bite. It not only tastes good but looks good too. It's also fun to add food coloring to the treats when your mixing. For example at  Halloween I will put orange coloring then once mixed stir in whole mini white mallows. They look great and have always been a crowd pleaser. I would love to hear your ideas on how your you make your rice crispy treats original......Enjoy!

2 comments: