Monday, March 17, 2014



I am so excited to say I am on day 2 of my "Eat your heart out" experiment! I know, I know I was suppose to start this program on Thursday the 13th. To be quite honest with you I woke up on Thursday with the worst head cold ever. All I wanted to eat was soup, even though I had no taste whatsoever it felt so good on my throat. No, it wasn't homemade soup I would have made if I felt like a normal human that day. It was store bought, but my husband went and got it for me so that makes it almost homemade. Right?

Ok, yesterday was day 1. I was able to eat fruit, fruit and more fruit. Any fruit I wanted except bananas. I started my day by dreadfully weighing myself. The whopping grand total was 151.2, holy cow where did the extra 3 pound since last Thursday come from? I'm blaming it on uhhhh, ya no excuses. Now breakfast was an orange and a glass of water followed by a 5 mile run to kick start my day. The run was my choice it just makes me feel better it clears my head. You are not expected go out and run 5 miles, but, you are encouraged to get in at least 30 min of some type of exercise daily. You can go for a walk and BAM you have your 30 minutes in. This is encouraged not required. Just think the 30 minute effort will help you lose more weight than if there was no exercise at all. Back to the fruit, the rest of the day was filled with watermelon, grapes, apples and oranges. I did feel hungry most of the day. When hunger pangs came down went the fruit.

This morning I weighed in at 148.4. Woo hoo! 3 pounds not to shabby eh. Now day 2, all veggies baby. Oh ya, and 1 baked potato. I get to eat all kinds of veggies fresh, raw or cooked. It is recommended to stay away from starchy veggies like, peas corn and beans. No problemo. My husband even asked for a veggie soup tonight for dinner. I guess that's his way of supporting me. Now the family's soup and my soup will be different of coarse. The family's soup will have chicken stock, and I'm making mine with water. I'm adding everything you can think of, less the starches and the kitchen sink. Since I am able to have veggies again tomorrow I may make a bigger batch of soup. I will use 8 cups of water or more if I need to fully cover the veggies in the pot. The only other ingredients I will add besides the water and plethora of veggies will be  pepper and a little bit of salt. I read that you can use salt and pepper to season your veggies. My personal preference with the salt is not to use too much. I want to stay away from anything that's going to make me retain water. Speaking of water you need to drink lots of it! If you can't stand the water add a lemon slice for a different flavor. Also, you can have green tea. Yesterday I think I had 5 cups of green tea just to break up the monotony of the water.

May the luck of the Irish be with you today! And like your mama always said "eat your veggies"!
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Adriana.

    I have a question after reading the ingredients in your veggie soup. I always make my own stock when making soup. The two main ingredients being a whole onion and a few cloves of garlic, if not a the whole thing, in order to give my soups flavor. Now is the use of those prohibited or do one of those have starch? Love your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ma'am onion and garlic it up! Such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete